The holidays are full of all sorts of amazing foods, drinks and baked goods, which are great at the time, but can put us into food komas and leave us feeling heavy. That said, not all of our holiday favourites have to be unhealthy, our Peppermint Cacao Cashew Mylk and Nut Nog are two examples of that. Chalked full of vitamins and nutrients, these Mylks offer amazing health benefits!
Made with protein and healthy-fat rich almond cashew Mylk and packed with warming spices that offer a serious health punch.
1. Molasses is known to be a natural stress reliever with B vitamins, calcium and magnesium, which all play a roll in combating stress and anxiety. High in iron, molasses helps reduce PMS symptoms, while also helping stabilize blood sugar levels, and fight free radicals in the body with its high concentration of antioxidants.
2. Cinnamon is incredibly high in anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants, which have been said to help fight off cancer and other chronic diseases, while also boosting immune function.
3. Fresh Nutmeg is another spice that is high in anti-inflammatory properties, it also aids in digestion. Packed with magnesium, nutmeg is an excellent natural sleep aid.
4. Clove is another spice that offers amazing heath benefits! Boosting immune functioning and is effective against bacterial infection, while also relieving inflammation and pain.
PEPPERMINT HOT CHOCOLATE
Made with creamy and protein--packed cashew Mylk, raw cacao, maca, vanilla, maple and peppermint offering amazing health benefits!
1. Raw cacao is one of the healthiest superfoods you can find. It's extremely high in antioxidants to combat free radicals and has been known to lower blood pressure, increase blood circulation and improves digestion.
2. Maca has been used for thousands of years as a natural medicine that increases energy and stamina, helps balance hormones, high in amino acids, and helps reduce stress and anxiety.
3. Peppermint has been said to improve memory, aid in digestion, helps with aches and nausea and decrease stress and anxiety.
Order your Mylk online for the week with our healthy take on these two holiday classics!